Friday, October 11, 2013

Serger Part One: New OVATION Baby Lock serger

First post of my new blog. In searching for a new serger I decided that I would write a blog on my adventures with my new Baby Lock Ovation serger, and other sewing projects.

Last weekend I attended a Stitching Sisters embroidery event at Montavilla Sewing Center. While at the class I wondered in the showroom where they were featuring the new Baby Lock Ovation. I fell in love. I had seen the online ad and video, but in real life it was sew much better. Jason, one of their salesmen was very helpful.

The class with Eileen Roche and Marie Zinno was sew much fun. 2 eight hour classes, sewn on the new Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold II embroidery machine. Lots of wonderful information and tons of hands on projects. If you ever have a chance to take a class from these ladies, do it..

Delightful collection of projects

But I degress, lets get back my new serger. The box, so excited to open.


 
What's inside? Everything you need to get started, except thread.

Both the instruction reference guide and reference guide are very easy to read. Also included were Koala studios and Baby Lock brochures, and the reminder to register.

Look at all these goodies.
You might wonder what the white plastic piece in the upper right middle is. Well it's a sewing table for chain/cover stitching. Fits right next to the blade in front of the extra wide throat space (5 inches) Really cool.

 

1 comment: